The city of Wolmirstedt with its districts Elbeu, Farsleben, Glindenberg and Mose is located only a few kilometers north of the state capital Magdeburg between the Magdeburger Börde and Colbitz-Letzlinger Heide and belongs to the district Börde. Today, about 11,700 inhabitants live here in the corner between the rivers Ohre and Elbe. You can reach Wolmirstedt via the nearby A14/A2 freeways and subsequently via the B189 from Magdeburg or Stendal, or by train using the S-Bahn service close to the city.
To strengthen our team for the elementary school of the all-day school “Johannes Gutenberg”, we are looking for you as a new colleague for a permanent position as soon as possible as
School secretary (m/f/d)
with an average weekly working time of 25 hours. Remuneration is in accordance with TVöD-VKA in pay group 5.
What tasks in particular await you?
- Telephone and communication center for general inquiries;
- Appointment scheduling and monitoring;
- Paperwork including preparation and follow-up for the school management/administration;
- Registry and postal traffic;
- Material procurement and management
- Procurement of materials within the scope of the school’s authority;
- Manage, issue and distribute material;
- Cash management and accounting
- Keeping the cash book and monitoring the school’s budget;
- Manage cash registers;
- Student matters
- Registration, admission and departure of pupils;
- Maintenance of student files;
- Create and maintain class lists;
- statistical recording;
- Change of school;
- Sick note;
- internal school organization;
- Matters relating to parent representation
- Organizational preparation of general conferences, parent-teacher conferences and parents’ meetings;
What should you bring to the job?
- a qualification as an administrative assistant; employee training course I or a training qualification as an office management assistant or a comparable qualification;
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience in a secretarial role within the last 6 years (proof of employment reference);
- confident and fluent in written and spoken language;
- MS Office skills and a willingness to familiarize yourself with specific programs;
- the ability to organize your work independently, a very high degree of personal responsibility and stress resistance as well as the ability to maintain an overview and calm even in hectic situations.
- Service and customer orientation as well as friendly manners towards children, parents and school staff;
- strong communication skills and enjoy dealing with people;
- a team-oriented, cooperative working style.
What do we offer you?
- varied and independent work in a small team in which you can make a personal contribution;
- a long-term employment perspective;
- continuing education of all knowledge required for the job;
- a secure salary based on our collective agreement TVöD-VKA;
- an additional company pension plan;
- a transparent time recording of all hours worked;
- the comprehensive training provided by our colleagues in the specialist service.
So if you like working with people, if you are looking for a new professional home because you want a change of location or are dissatisfied with your employer, and would like to be part of a motivated team in which you can work independently, contribute, and have a long-term professional perspective, then apply to us!
We will of course treat your application discreetly.
Interested parties are kindly requested to send their application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae,
Employment references, proof of fulfillment of requirements if applicable) by 22.01.2024 preferably by e-mail and exclusively in PDF format to email@example.com or by post to:
City of Wolmirstedt
Organization and Personnel Department
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference in accordance with SGB IX in the event of equal suitability, ability and professional performance. For information, please contact the Organization and Personnel Department at 039201/64-705. Application costs will not be reimbursed.
The applications will be used exclusively for the purpose of the selection procedure and will be destroyed no later than 1 month after the conclusion of the procedure in compliance with data protection regulations.