The city of Wolmirstedt with its districts Elbeu, Farsleben, Glindenberg and Mose is located only a few kilometers north of the state capital Magdeburg between the Magdeburger Börde and Colbitz-Letzlinger Heide and belongs to the district Börde. Today, about 11,700 inhabitants live here in the corner between the rivers Ohre and Elbe. You can reach Wolmirstedt via the nearby A14/A2 freeways and subsequently via the B189 from Magdeburg or Stendal, or by train using the S-Bahn service close to the city.
To strengthen our team in the after-school care area, we are looking for you to join us as a new colleague for the position of
with an average weekly working time of 25 hours. Remuneration is in accordance with TVöD-VKA in pay group S 8a.
What tasks in particular await you?
Ensuring the legal mission of the day care center and the related legal requirements:
- Fulfillment of an independent age- and development-specific care, education and upbringing mission of the day care center (legal mission of the day care center) within the framework of an overall concept oriented towards the promotion of the child’s personality;
- age-appropriate promotion of the child’s overall development;
- Stimulating the child’s physical, mental and spiritual development through general and educational assistance and educational activities;
- Promote community capacity and compensate for disadvantages;
- Promote inclusion and contribute to improving equal opportunities for all children regardless of their social and cultural background;
- Promotion of the acquisition of social competences, such as independence, willingness to take responsibility and community skills, tolerance and acceptance towards other people, cultures and ways of life, intercultural competence and sensitivity;
- Promoting the training of mental and physical abilities, especially for the acquisition of knowledge and skills, including the design of learning processes;
- Ensuring the quality of pedagogical work according to the pedagogical concept;
- expert help in completing homework in coordination and cooperation with the school;
- Accompanying school children on their way between school and day care center in accordance with the arrangements made between the day care center operator and the school management;
- Participation in the implementation of the legally defined goals and tasks of day care facilities and the mission of the provider in a facility-related pedagogical concept:
- Preparation and implementation of pedagogical work in the day care center (in group work and in open-group work);
- Preparation and implementation of pedagogical offers, vacation projects, festivals and activities in and outside the day care center with the involvement of the children;
- Room design, design of the free play area and choice of materials;
- Observance of and compliance with hygiene regulations with regard to the children, the premises and the inventory;
- Organizational tasks of the daily routine of the own group, in the group service:
- Keeping the attendance list of the own group;
- Assist management with duty and vacation scheduling;
- Documentation of special events;
- Information in case of notifiable and contagious diseases to the after-school care center management;
- Immediate reporting of child welfare hazards and accidents to the after-school care center management;
- Actively participate in team development and team consolidation;
- Collaboration with school staff;
- Collaborate with parents of the day care center and participate in the development of parent information;
- Cooperation with authorities (e.g. Youth Welfare Office/ Child Protection, Accident Insurance) and institutions, such as sports clubs, social institutions, municipal library, etc., with the aim of promoting a holistic education, training and care program for the children.
What should you bring with you?
As a prerequisite:
- a professional qualification as a state-recognized educator or state-certified specialist for daycare facilities for children or another completed qualification as a pedagogical specialist according to § 21 KiFöG, which allows or is able to perform corresponding activities due to equivalent skills and experience with state recognition or state examination;
- first professional experience and great joy and motivation in pedagogical work with children;
- Sense of responsibility, creativity in co-designing offers, reliability and commitment;
- Open-mindedness to the changing needs of a changing society;
- Willingness to work flexible hours within rosters;
- Knowledge of working with PC technology.
- A team-oriented, collaborative work style with strong communication skills, solution orientation and organizational skills;
- that you have the motivation and ability to familiarize yourself with local conditions and requirements and to acquire new knowledge and experience;
- Class B driver’s license.
What do we offer you?
- a varied and independent work in a team, in which you can personally contribute with ideas and creative possibilities;
- a long-term employment perspective;
- continuing education of all knowledge required for the job;
- a secure salary based on our collective agreement TVöD-VKA;
- an additional company pension plan;
- a transparent time recording of all hours worked;
- the training by our colleagues.
So if you like working with people, if you are looking for a new professional home because you want a change of location or are dissatisfied with your employer, and would like to be part of a motivated team in which you can work independently, contribute, and have a long-term professional perspective, then apply to us!
We will of course treat your application discreetly.
Interested applicants should send their application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, references, proof of fulfillment of requirements, if applicable) by 11.04.2023, preferably by e-mail and exclusively in PDF format, to
or by mail to:
City of Wolmirstedt
Department Organization and Personnel
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference in accordance with SGB IX in the event of equal suitability, ability and professional performance.
For information, please contact the Organization and Personnel Department at 039201/64-705. Application costs will not be reimbursed. The applications will be used exclusively for the purpose of the selection procedure and will be destroyed no later than 1 month after the conclusion of the procedure in compliance with data protection regulations.
Active in after-school care as a pensioner
The job advertisement pedagogical specialist also refers to old-age pensioners with the above-mentioned recruitment requirements and the listed conditions.