The church is of Romanesque origin, but according to an inscription placed above the western entrance, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style in 1758. On the northern wall, a walled round arch portal from the Romanesque period can still be seen. The nave is built of quarry stones. To the west of the nave stands the church tower, crowned by a truncated hipped roof.
More famous pastors of the church were the pedagogue Christian Wilhelm Harnisch, who worked here from 1842, and the theologian Leopold Schultze, who worked here from 1871 to 1882. Renovation of the church took place in 1989/90 and 2011.
The interior of the nave is spanned by a wooden barrel ceiling resting on the cove. A Romanesque triumphal arch leads to the rectangular, flat-roofed choir. On the west side of the nave there is a gallery.
The simply designed pulpit dates from the last third of the 17th century. The baptismal stand designed in the style of classicism was created around 1840. The neo-Romanesque organ prospect, dating from the last quarter of the 19th century, is more recent. Worth mentioning are the historical gravestones of the pastors Johann Otto Barlemann, deceased 1671, Christoff Heinrich Hoffmann, deceased 1684 and Friedrich Haltmeuer, deceased 1697. All three gravestones bear an inscription in an oval wreath and are crowned by the family coat of arms and vine leaves.
In the church there is a bronze bell made by Christian See in 1725.(Article from Wikipedia >>) Website: www.pfarrbereich-wolmirstedt.de